Monday, March 2, 2020

Butterfly Gala

When I was working on cards for a recent class, I wanted to use Butterfly Gala because I hadn't used it yet and I purchased it last spring when it was in the Spring Mini! UGH! Why do we do that? We like something so much we are willing to use our hard earned money to purchase and then it sits! Well, it has seen some ink now.

This is one of the cards that we made at my Birthday Bash Stamp A Stack. It has a unique fold in that the front of the card was scored at 2 1/8" and folded back on itself. I know it's hard to see in this picture. That is why the circles don't match up. When it lays on itself, the circles do line up. On the Whisper White circle in the middle, I stamped "Happy Birthday" with Garden Green. The "Happy Birthday" comes from another Sale-a-bration set called Sending You Thoughts.


I used the Lily Impression DSP that is a freebie choice until March 31 for Sale-a-bration on the first card. I chose not to use it on the next two cards but I did use the same colors.

The center butterfly is up on a dimensional. The Pool Party layer was embossed with the Subtle embossing folder.


I love the way this last card turned out. I stamped the butterflies with Stazon and then stamped the wings with the pieces that fit with Lovely Lipstick, Calypso Coral and Pool Party. I used the Pool Party Blend to color the ribbon.


I'm so ready for spring to be here. We have had a very mild winter by most standards and yet I am beyond ready for spring! These butterflies help my mind even if the weather just isn't quite ready to be there.

Happy Stampin'!
 photo signature 2_zps5xg3zfyo.png
Supplies:
Card 1:


Product List

Card 2:


Product List
Card 3:


Product List

No comments: