Monday, July 6, 2020

5oth Birthday

A friend of ours recently had a 50th birthday. Because his birthday was during quarantine, we weren't able to celebrate like his wife was hoping to but she asked that we send him cards to help celebrate. That is something I can do and enjoy! So I made him a special card!

You may notice that it is tied shut. Well, keep reading to see why!


I used retired designer series papers to create these candles.


I used the retired bird punch to make the flames.


I counted many times to make sure I had the correct amount of candles on this baby.


I made sure the candles were all in black too!


This card was tied shut because of all the layers I used to make it. It wouldn't stay shut on it's own!


This is my beautiful daughter, Belle, holding the card open so you can see all the layers that went into having room for 50 candles. Before you tell me that I'm 4 short, remember there were 4 candles on the front of the card that you can't see in this picture!

What a fun card to make for a very special person. He got a kick out of it and enjoyed it as much as I did making it!

Some quick directions. I made a card base as normal with a 8 1/2" by 5 1/2" piece of Basic Black cardstock. I cut each panel at 4 1/4" by 5 3/4" with the a score mark at the 1/4" mark. The flap was adhered to the back of the panel in front. You could add more panels or take a few away to make this card work for your needs. It folded up like an accordion so that it would fit in an envelope. I didn't mail this card so I don't know how much it would cost to mail.  

Happy Stampin'!
photo signature 2_zps5xg3zfyo.png
Supplies:
Product List

No comments: