Wednesday, July 15, 2020

Seaside Notions

I was hoping to get a vacation in this summer to the ocean but that doesn't look like it is going to happen so I pulled my Seaside Notions stamp set from the shelf so that I could at least create with some sea creatures!

I made this card on my Facebook Live last Wednesday night. I demonstrated how to create a reflection or mirror effect with a stamp. If you look at the other two examples you will see that the sea horse faces the right but on this first card, he is facing the left. 

I used the silicone mat to make this happen. You stamp the sea horse on the mat, place the cardstock over the stamped image and rub so the ink will transfer.


This is one of the cards that we created at Stamp Camp on Friday night. It is called a Z fold card. The cardstock is cut to 8.5" by 5.5" and scored at 4 1/4" and 2 1/8". Fold the card in half. Fold the other score line back to create the Z look. When adhering the oval to the front of the card, make sure you only adhere on one side so that your card will open. 


This is a simpler card. I stamped the sand dollar several times. I didn't re-ink between stamping that is why you see different shades of Gray Granite. 


I hope you enjoyed my "vacation" cards! I had fun dreaming about being on the ocean, enjoying the sun and waves.

Happy Stampin'!
photo signature 2_zps5xg3zfyo.png
Supplies:
Card 1:



Product List

No comments: