Wednesday, July 8, 2020

Sailing Home Lighthouse

I have been doing Facebook Lives on Wednesday nights at 7:30. A couple of weeks ago, I showed how to use your markers on an acrylic block to create a watercolor background. It's really not hard.

 I used the block E and marker colors Mango Melody, Flirty Flamingo, Melon Mambo, Rich Razzleberry and Night of Navy (colors from the bottom up). I colored the block with the markers, misted the block with about 10 sprays of water from a Stampin' Spritzer. Stamp the block on the Whisper White cardstock. Allow it to dry. It will take about 15 minutes to dry. I'm not that patient so I use my heat tool to dry it faster. Then stamp the lighthouse, birds and words.


I used Rich Razzleberry, Poppy Parade, Melon Mambo, Flirty Flamingo, and Blushing Bride to create the background on this card. I used Birch background stamp on the Night of Navy.


I love the way this one turned out. The background looks like a storm coming in. I used Pool Party, Coastal Cabana, Bermuda Bay, Pacific Point and Night of Navy (left to right). 


I have some more cards using the marker and block stamping technique and the Sailing Home stamp set. They were fun to make! I will have to remember to use this technique more.

Happy Stampin'!
photo signature 2_zps5xg3zfyo.png
Supplies:
Card 1:



Product List

No comments: