Friday, July 17, 2020

More Celebrate Sunflowers

Celebrating Sunflowers has been a joy to play with. I wanted to make a few cards that weren't yellow or gold. Sunflowers are stunning but this set lends itself to more than yellow and gold flowers. Now, that being said, I have a yellow flower here too!

This first card uses Gorgeous Grape. I used the Watercolor Pencils to color this beauty. After I put the Gorgeous Grape on the flower, I added some Crushed Curry to the petals to add some highlights. This turned out better than I had thought it might.


Here is that yellow flower I mentioned. The base is thick Whisper White with Crumb Cake layered. The Crumb Cake was embossed with Old World Paper folder. I used the dies from the Sunflower Dies to create the foliage behind the sunflower. While this is a yellow sunflower, I think it's a bit different from the regular sunflowers.


Merry Merlot to the rescue for another unusual color for this flowers. After stamping the flowers with Merry Merlot ink, I took my water painter and pulled that color from the image into the image to give the flowers a color wash. I used my Merry Merlot marker to color the ribbon. The Stampin' Write Markers do work to color ribbon.


I used the smaller sunflower to create this card. I stamped the flower with Night of Navy ink on Crumb Cake card stock. When I was stamping the right edge of the card, I masked off the edge so that the flowers were only where I wanted them to be. I covered the edge with a strip of card stock.


See, these flowers can be beautiful in any color! What color would you use or like to see? I would love to try it out!

Happy Stampin'!
photo signature 2_zps5xg3zfyo.png
Supplies:
Card 1:




Product List

No comments: