Tuesday, May 12, 2020

Daisy Delight

Daisy Delight is retiring and I was quite sad about it. I LOVE daisies and this set made me happy. Then I realized that Daisy Lane will still be in the catalog and the punches are still available! YEAH! I still wanted to give Daisy Delight a little time on my blog. 

This card was so much fun to create! One of the Facebook groups that I am part of did this card as a mystery card. We were told to get a card base of thick Whisper White, 3 colors of card stock and ink and some coordinating ribbon. Then one night we were given step by step instructions on what to do. This is the layout that she gave us. It was awesome to see all the color combos and stamp sets that were used to create these cards. Everyone had a little different take on it.


When was the last time you used the technique called rock 'n' roll? I don't know when the last time was for me! I thought I would give it whirl again with this daisy. I love the look of the two tone daisy. 

Rock 'n' Roll is an easy technique. You ink up your image with the lightest ink. Then roll the image in the darker ink so that just the edges pick up the ink. I clean between stamping so that I don't contaminate my lighter ink color with the darker ink. The darker ink can handle the little bit of ink you are putting into it. 

 Did you notice the strips in the background? I usually throw those little pieces away as I'm not always sure what to do with them and they collect! The racing strips add some great dimension to this card.


This card is beautiful but hard to photograph. The tall stems have a Blushing Bride daisy on top that has Wink of Stella on it. It's so pretty!


The retiring list has been published. Don't forget to look to see if your favorites are retiring and get your order in soon! You don't want to miss them!

Happy Stampin'!
 photo signature 2_zps5xg3zfyo.png
Supplies:
Card 1:


Product List
Card 2:


Product List
Card 3:


Product List

No comments: