Wednesday, May 20, 2020

Hold on to Hope Floating Cross

I found a card like this on Pinterest. I really wanted to make this card for my daughter and one of our dear friends' daughter for their confirmations. I struggled with it for a bit trying to figure out how the cross floated in the middle of the oval. I finally figured out to use a strip of window sheet to keep that cross floating. Here is a picture of the card closed.


There are two spots to stop the fold on this card to have the cross stand up. This picture shows the first stop.


The second stop is shown here. 


Isn't this a neat looking card? You could make this with anything floating in the middle of the oval. You could make the oval a circle or square or a star! I will have to make this card again.

HOW I  MADE THIS
The base of the card is 4 1/4" by 5 1/2". Then I added the Pool Party, that was cut to 4" by 10 1/2" and scored at 5 1/4" and 7 7/8". Die cut an oval from the top of the Pool Party front of the card to that the second score mark is in the middle of the oval. Die cut the oval frame. Cut a piece of  window sheet to 1/2" by 3 3/4". Die cut your crosses. Cut two of the Night of Navy crosses. Sandwich the window sheet between the two crosses. Adhere the window sheet to the oval frame. Adhere the oval frame to the front of the card.

Feel free to ask any questions! I'm happy to help you.

Happy Stampin'!
 photo signature 2_zps5xg3zfyo.png
Supplies:


Product List

No comments: