Monday, March 6, 2023

Hydrangea Haven

Hydrangeas are such a beautiful flower. They are stunning while in bloom and even the dried blossoms are a joy to have around. I have 3 hydrangeas in front of my house and I look forward to them every year. The one year, the plant was very large but I only got 5 blooms on all 3 plants. So sad.

Hydrangea Haven allows me to have hydrangeas year round. I did purchase this bundle when it first came out. I made a card with it and then pushed it to the side. I'm not sure why I don't use my goodies when I get them and then once I play with them, I'm bummed I haven't used them more. I really need to break this pattern in my life. Any suggestions?

I used a blending brush to put some Balmy Blue onto a Basic White layer of cardstock. I tried to leave the center fairly light. The greeting was stamped with Gorgeous Grape. The blossom was colored with the stamp the fills in the bloom, I used Highland Heather and Balmy Blue inks.


I stamped the blossom with Highland Heather ink onto the Highland Heather layer. The flower was stamped with Crumb Cake onto Crumb Cake cardstock. I added a few die cut flowers to the corner too.


This is an awesome technique that I used to do all the time. After Stampin' Up! stopped carrying the glossy cardstock, I stopped doing this technique. It's called polished stone. You put some rubbing alcohol onto a cotton ball and then add some re-inker. Then pounce the cotton ball on the glossy cardstock. After it was dry, I stamped the hydrangea with Gorgeous Grape ink. HERE is the video where I made this card. 


The next retiring list will be announced at the end of March. Make sure you check over the catalogs now to get everything you want. Things sell out FAST! You can go to my online store by clicking on the supply pictures below.

Happy Stampin'!
photo signature 2_zps5xg3zfyo.png
Supplies:
Card 1:



Product List

No comments: