Monday, February 10, 2020

Botanical Bliss

Please tell me that I am NOT the only one that buys stamps and dies., gets them home and then they get put on the shelf and forgotten! I admired this stamp and die set from the first time I saw it. I had lots of ideas on what I was going to make with it so I ordered it and then it sat. 

Well, it has seen some ink now! My colors for these cards are Balmy Blue, Mint Macaroon, and  Mossy Meadow. I ran the Mossy Meadow layer through the Layered Leaves embossing folder. I added ink to this layer with a sponge and highlighted the edges. The Whisper White circle was also sponged with Mossy Meadow and Balmy Blue inks.


While my sponges were out I sponged the background on the main image for this card. I used the Stitched Shapes to die cut the square. Then I sponged Balmy Blue and Mint Macaroon on it to create the illusion of sky and grass. I stamped the leaves and bird over the top.


I stamped the flower on the Mint Macaroon with the same color ink. This gives a tone on tone look. The bird was stamped and die cut. The leaves are also part of this die set. The Mossy Meadow strip on the the left was embossed with Pinewood Planks embossing folder.


These colors were a bit of a challenge to work with. Having two subtle colors and a regal color didn't seem to balance well. I think I managed to get 3 pretty cards from it though! How would you use these colors?

Happy Stampin'!
 photo signature 2_zps5xg3zfyo.png
Supplies:
Card 1:


Product List

Card 2:


Product List

Card 3:


Product List

No comments: