Monday, February 3, 2020

Free as a Bird

The Free as a Bird stamp set was one that jumped out at me when the new catalog came out. I really like these birdies. They are so sweet. I'm not sure why it took me so long to pick up this set and play with it but I have used it now. I fancied playing with this set, I created several cards and a scrapbook layout. I'm sharing three of the cards with you today.

I chose not to use the designer series paper on these cards. I stamped the birdies and then colored them with Blend markers. There is two layers under the birds. The card base and then another layer of the same card stock that was embossed with Layered Leaves embossing folder. The Balmy Blue layer was die cut and then cut in half to add to the ends of the main image.


Did you know that you can use your Blend markers on inks other than the Memento? This bird, leaves, and flowers were stamped with dye ink and then colored with the Blend markers. It is kind of a water colored look. I really like it! I fussy cut the images.


I'm not sure what this is called but I stamped the bird on the Whisper White card stock for the main image and on a scrap. I color and cut the bird on the scrap and then adhered it to the top of the other image. I didn't fussy cut the legs from the scrap bird. The legs you see are from the image stamped there. Make sense?


This is the first set of cards that I made using Free as a Bird. Keep coming back for the other cards and a set of scrapbook pages.

Happy Stampin'!
 photo signature 2_zps5xg3zfyo.png
Supplies:
Card 1:


Product List
Card 2:


Product List
Card 3:


Product List

No comments: