Wednesday, February 12, 2020

Free as a Bird and Bird Ballad

I'm sharing a few more cards that I made with Free as a Bird stamp set. This time I also used the designer series papers that are part of the suite. These papers are called Bird Ballad.

I have never done partial die cutting technique before. It was always intimidating to me. I decided I just needed to give it a whirl an see what happens. After all it's just paper, if i screw it up, I can throw it away! It worked beautifully! I may have to do it again!


I love this piece of the DSP is so pretty. I got it all cut and ready to use, stamped and colored the birds, laid the card out and thought, "Oh boy! This is quite busy!" I wasn't sure if I liked the flowers behind the birds. I put it to the side and came back to it later and was pleased with the look and went with it. It may be a tad busier than what I'm used to but that's OK too!


I wanted to some Balmy Blue ribbon for both this card and the first card on this post but Stampin' Up! currently doesn't have any. Did you know you can use your blends to color ribbon? Guess what! You can and it turns out beautifully!


If you missed the first post with these fabulous birds, you can see 3 more cards HERE.

Happy Stampin'!
 photo signature 2_zps5xg3zfyo.png
Supplies:
Card 1:


Product List

Card 2:


Product List
Card 3:


Product List

No comments: