Friday, June 25, 2021

Prized Peony

Prized Peony became a favorite of mine last year when the Stampin' Up! catalog came out. It reminds me of my mom. She had some peonies growing in her yard and she loved to cut them and place them on the table. One of many memories of my mom. 

I used the coordinating designer series paper that retired in May for these cards but they cans still be recreated with other cardstock or papers. 

I used a technique called stained glass for this first card. I stamped the peony on vellum with VersaMark ink and heat embossed it with white embossing powder. On the backside of the vellum I colored the flower with blends. Another easy technique with minimal supplies. I really like being able to step it up without all kinds of crazy supplies. I did a Facebook Live making this card a while ago. You can watch it HERE if you would like. 


To make this card I stamped the peony with Gray Granite and die cut it. The die cuts come with the scallop edge too. Isn't it pretty?


I used the Ornate Layers dies to create the panel on the left side of the card. I stamped the peonies and leaves with Smoky Slate and colored them with blends. I then die cut them and added them to the card.


I planted some peonies in my backyard this spring. I see them starting to come up. I look forward to having a few blossoms in my own yard!

Please click on the pictures below and you will be taken to my online store so you can purchase the supplies for these cards and many other things.

Happy Stampin'!
photo signature 2_zps5xg3zfyo.png
Supplies:
Card 1:



Product List

No comments: