Monday, April 11, 2022

Garden Wishes

I was given this stamp set a long time ago. I don't remember if it was a freebie from Stampin' Up! for attending some conference or if I won it from one of the stamping groups I am part of. I do know that it sat on my shelf for a very long time! I don't know why I never pulled from the shelf. Now it is retiring and I wanted this set to see a least a little ink so here we go!

I started with a simple technique of stamping the image with VersaMark ink and then covering the ink with pastel dust. It gives the image a hazy look but I really like how it turned out. 


The dandelion is stamped on Sahara Sand cardstock and then colored with the pastels and a water painter. I scribbled a little of the pastels onto my scratch paper and was able to pick up the color with the water painter to color in the image. I did add some color right to the image from the pastel stick too.


Here I created backgrounds for the dandelion. I used the side of the pastel stick and laid some color onto the cardstock. I used a sponge dauber to blend the color a little more so that the color lines weren't so distinct. 


I made all these cards on a Facebook Live recently. You can see that video HERE and see these techniques in action. 

I am going to be better at using the stamps that I have and not purchase so many this coming Stampin' Up! year. At least that is what I'm telling myself. It makes me sad to see several sets that I never used and they are now retiring. I need to do better at creating with what I have and not all the greatest items out there. 

If you are looking for a few new items, please click on the pictures below to go shopping in my online store.

Happy Stampin'!
photo signature 2_zps5xg3zfyo.png
Supplies:
Card 1:



Product List

No comments: