Friday, April 1, 2022

Happy Holly-Days

How are those Christmas cards coming? I am working slowly on getting ahead for the coming season. I hope that you are making some headway on getting those cards ready to go.

This stamp set was part of the July--December mini catalog. It's called Happy Holly-Days. I have a weakness for holly on Christmas cards. This set also has a beautiful bird. You can see several cards I made with the bird HERE

This set was part of a bundle that had a coordinating punch. The punch created a holly border. You can see how the punch worked on the bottom of this card. I added some Real Red cardstock to the back of the Basic White so the holly berries are red. The holly on the top of the card was stamped with VersaMark and then I used some Mossy Meadow and Poppy Parade pastels to color it. 


Pear Pizzazz and Real Red are colors of choice for this card. I stamped the holly with Pear Pizzazz and then colored it with Real Red and Old Olive blends. The border on the bottom is a technique called braided paper. HERE is the video from Facebook that I did making this card. 

Start with 4 strips of 1/2" x 12" designer series paper. Glue two of the strips together creating a 90 degree angle. The papers should be two different patterns. Glue the second strip on the left on top of the glued strip on the the right. Glue the other strip on the right to the top of the strip on the left, lining up all the strips so that they are right next to each other. Take the outside strip on the right and fold it over on itself, over to the left side, lining up the strips. Now take the outside strip on the left and fold it over on itself lining it up with the strip on the right. Repeat until the end. Use on card as desired.


The vintage feel to this card is one that is near and dear to my heart. I embossed the cardstock with Merry Melody and then added some Soft Suede ink to highlight the embossing. i also added some ink to the panel that has the greeting on it. The lace adds to the vintage feel. 


No April Fool's joke! We are 9 months away from Christmas. Get those cards created to make the holidays less stressful and more fun! I can help! Plan to join me on Saturday, April 9 at 10 am and we will create 6 Christmas cards and start growing that stash! Cost is $18 or free with a $25 order. 

You will find the supplies for these cards available in my online store by clicking on the pictures below.

Happy Stampin'!
photo signature 2_zps5xg3zfyo.png
Supplies:
Card 1:



Product List

No comments: