Friday, September 18, 2020

Beauty Abounds Dies

Before I get too involved with fall, Halloween, Thanksgiving and Christmas goodies, I still have a few butterflies to share. When my girls were little we got one of those popup netted cage and sent away for some caterpillars to watch them grow and change. That was fascinating to watch and learn more about. My girls and I have a great love for butterflies because of this experience.

For the cards I'm sharing today, I focused on the set of dies called Butterfly Beauty. These dies are so beautiful. They make card making super easy too because of the size of them, they create the card on their own!

To create this card I started with a Flirty Flamingo card base and die cut the rectangle from the center using the Stitched Rectangle dies. I cut a piece of Whisper White cardstock the same size as the front of the card to put on the inside of the card so the rectangle was filled. Before adhering the white to the inside of the card, I used Flirty Flamingo, Coastal Cabana and Gorgeous Grape ink pads and sponges to fill the cardstock with splotches of color. I then adhered the butterflies over the top of the opening and added a few gold metallic pearls.  


I used both layers of the butterflies for this card. You see, the set of dies has 2 large dies that layer on top of each other. You can see them here. The card base is a thick Whisper White cardstock. The layer on top is Coastal Cabana stamped with Buffalo Check. Then the 2 layers of butterflies. Add a few rhinestones and WA-LA! You have a fabulous card ready to mail to a friend!


My last card I created the background by using the bubble stamps from Beauty Abounds. I love how this background turned out. I added the butterflies to the top of the now created background. I then added a few rhinestones to complete this card.


I hope my butterflies in September are still OK. I guess that is the beauty of stamping. You can stamp anything at any time of the year!

Happy Stampin'!
photo signature 2_zps5xg3zfyo.png
Supplies:
Card 1:



Product List

No comments: