Friday, September 25, 2020

Rooted in Nature 2

Fall is definitely here but I'm not quite ready to embrace it! I love the summer with it's warm temperatures, long days and relaxed schedules. Because I'm not ready to embrace the fall yet, I had to keep with more summer colors when I pulled this set from the shelf. 

Rooted in Nature is a fantastic set for year round cards. By just changing the colors, you could have fall, winter, spring or summer cards. I guess these could be spring cards or summer but you get the idea. I think by changing the Pear Pizzazz to a red or orange you would have a marvelous fall card. Change it to blue or purple and it could be winter. A darker green would be a good summer card. Possibilities are endless!

I made this first card a Z fold card. The card base is cut to 4 1/4" by 11" and scored at 5 1/2" and 2 3/4". I fold in half first, like a normal card and then fold the front of the card back on itself to create the Z.


This set has a coordinating set of dies that cut out these leaves.  The Woodland embossing folder is perfect for this set too. I love the texture that is added with the trees in the background.


The coordinating dies also has a couple of dies that emboss. You can see on these leaves the use of those dies. I die cut the leaves first and then run the die cut leaves through my die cutting machine again with the die that embosses the leaves. I sponged some Pear Pizzazz ink on them too. Aren't they pretty?


It is always my goal to inspire you. I hope these cards have inspired you to create!

Happy Stampin'!
photo signature 2_zps5xg3zfyo.png
Supplies:
Card 1:



Product List

No comments: