Friday, September 4, 2020

Loyal Leaves

The skeleton leaves in the Loyal Leaves set are so detailed! I appreciate that detail in these leaves. I wanted to start thinking about some fall designs and this set came to mind. 

I used Crushed Curry and Early Espresso for this first card. I stamped the gingko leaf with Crushed Curry ink on Crushed Curry cardstock. That tone on tone look is so fantastic! It gives texture and design with very little effort. If you don't have the same ink color as the cardstock you are using, you can use a VersaMark ink pad to create the same look.


Have you noticed the camouflage background stamp? I love all the different colors you get with one inking! You can see in the card below how this stamp gives those different shades. I inked up this background stamp with Mossy Meadow ink. The layers are Old Olive.


To create the plaid background for this card I started with a piece of Crushed Curry cardstock. I stamped Buffalo Plaid background stamp on that cardstock with Cajun Craze ink. Using a ruler and my Mossy Meadow Stampin' Write marker, I added the thin lines. Isn't that a fabulous was to create an interesting background? The leaves were stamped and water colored slightly just to fill in the leaves with a bit of color. Then I fussy cut them out. The smaller leaf was rock 'n' rolled. This means I inked up the stamp with Crushed Curry ink and rolled the edges of the stamp in Cajun Craze to get the two tones on the image.


Are you ready for fall? I'm not! I love the summer and I had a hard time creating with these colors just because I don't want fall yet!

Happy Stampin'!
photo signature 2_zps5xg3zfyo.png
Supplies:
Card 1:



Product List

No comments: