Monday, July 5, 2021

Baby Wipe Swipe: Whale Done, Daisy Lane, Stitched Stars

I have been playing with the baby wipe swipe technique. I couldn't put it down! It's a really easy technique. Take a baby wipe and fold it into a small rectangle. On the folded edge, place a couple of drops of re-inker. I like to work with three colors but you can do what you want! Once the color is on the baby wipe, pull the wipe across the cardstock leaving streaks of color. Try straight swipes or wavy or diagonal or whatever you want! Have fun playing!

Colors are Bermuda Bay, Granny Apple Green and Pool Party for the first two cards. I used Whale Done to complete these cards with. This first card is done vertically.


Then I did a horizontal card too. Why not when all the colors and supplies are out after all! To get the two colors on the greeting, used my Stampin' Write marker on the rubber, huffed and then stamped. The seaweed behind the turtle is the bottom of the jellyfish.


This second pair of cards I used Misty Moonlight, Flirty Flamingo and Daffodil Delight. You can see that I played a bit with the swipe and did more wavy. Daisy Lane was pulled from the shelf to complete these cards.


The flowers were stamped on Flirty Flamingo and Daffodil Delight with the same color ink pads. I then punched the flowers out and layered them. The bit of Granny Apple Green that  is peeking out of is punched with the sprig punch and cut in half.


One more color combination with the baby wipe swipe. This one is Real Red, Pacific Point and Basic White. I used the Stitched Stars dies to complete these cards. I hope you had a great day yesterday celebrating the 4th of July. Friends, family, fireworks and fun, I hope you were able to enjoy all four!


I think this one looks like a flag waving. The white stars have Wink of Stella on them to add some sparkle to the card. A few rhinestones adds even more sparkle.


I hope you take the time to give this technique a try. It's fun and easy! It can be messy but if you are careful you won't wear the ink all over your hands. 

I would appreciate your support of my business. You can click on the pictures below and go to my online store to purchase the supplies for these cards and other supplies too!

Happy Stampin'!
photo signature 2_zps5xg3zfyo.png
Supplies:
Cards 1 & 2:



Product List

No comments: