Thursday, August 6, 2020

Confirmation 2020 Part 1

You may have been following me for a while and have seen my confirmation gifts in the past. I am sharing this year's gift in two posts so keep watching for the second half!

For those that are new to following me, my husband is a pastor of a Lutheran church in Racine, WI. We have youth confirmation on the first Sunday in May. Even with the pandemic this year, we were able to do our confirmation but it didn't look the same. We had nine young men and women profess their faith on May 3. While the whole congregation could not be there, we did live stream the confirmations so that anyone who wanted to watch could. We still have to have our affirmation so that the congregation can help this young people celebrate.

Every year I make these framed gifts for our confirmands. I print up their Bible verse that they have chosen and frame it with some designer series papers and a cross. I die cut letters from vinyl and adhere that to the glass of the frame. 

Here are half of this years gifts.







You can see that stamping and scrapbooking doesn't have to be just for cards and pages. You can make many things, including framed art. The kids at our church know they are getting this from us every year. I have had many mothers stop me over the years and thank me for these gifts as the kids really like that it is their verse and something just for them.

Happy Stampin'!
photo signature 2_zps5xg3zfyo.png

No comments: