Wednesday, August 19, 2020

Rooted in Nature Sponged

Rooted in Nature has to be one of my all time favorite stamp sets. I love the realistic look of the trees and leaves in this set. I also love that it can be used for a wide variety of occasions and be very appropriate.

This group of cards that I made I sponged them to create a background for the beautiful images. 

I stamped the tree and then made the reflection. To make the reflection, stamp the image on your silicone craft mat, then rub the ink onto the cardstock where you want it. So simple and so awesome! After I had both images on my cardstock, I sponged Pear Pizzazz, Crumb Cake, and Pool Party to create the soft background for the tree. The sentiment was stamped and punched with the Tailored Tag punch. To get the layered look, I punched another from Crumb Cake and cut it in half long way and adhered the halves on the top and bottom.


This card didn't turn out quite the way I wanted it to but I think it still works. I sponged Pretty Peacock, Bermuda Bay, Pool Party and Pear Pizzazz on Whisper White cardstock. Lay the strip of cardstock on the card base without the layer and stamp the trees. Mist just the strip of cardstock with water. Layer and adhere to card base. I think this isn't want I want because I should have stamped the trees after I misted the cardstock. My trees would have been more of a crisp image! Next time! #simplestamping


This is my favorite! I stamped the leaf with Pear Pizzazz ink on Pear Pizzazz cardstock. I masked off the strip and sponged Pool Party and Pear Pizzazz between the masked off areas. I stamped the tree with Soft Suede ink. #simplestamping


Rooted in Nature is not a cheap stamp set but it has so much WOW in it that it is worth the cost! 

Happy Stampin'!
photo signature 2_zps5xg3zfyo.png
Supplies:
Card 1:



Product List

No comments: