Monday, August 3, 2020

Friend Like You

When the catalog came out last year, I had to have this bundle, Friend Like You. I love the dragonflies and the tall grasses and the palm tree and...you get the point. I loved this set! Well, I got it and then it sat and I didn't use it. There were new things to peak my interest. I have been trying to use all my stamp sets now and this one has made it to my table!

These three cards focus on the die set used in conjunction with the stamp set. I have some cards that focus more on the stamp set. Keep watching for those to be shared here too!

I stamped the grass in Old Olive, masking the bottom edge so that I would still have a place to stamp my words. Then I die cut the wild flowers and adhered them over the top of the stamped images. I added the dragonflies, which have Wink of Stella on them, stamped the words on the bottom and put a couple of rhinestones on. If I were to make this card again, I might stamp the grass with a darker or lighter color to add a bit more depth to this card.


Believe it or not, the card base on this is Old Olive. Yep, it's the same as the picture above. I'm not sure why it photographed as such a bright color. Oh well! I stamped the words first and then ran the base through the Old World Paper embossing folder. This die cuts so that you use the negative space instead of the positive. So, I layered my Pumpkin Pie on Night of Navy (see, everything is brighter than it should be in this photo!). The Pumpkin Pie is on dimensionals, adding more depth.


This was a card that I used in stamp camp for my fun folds cards. The front panel goes to the left and then the Night of Navy panel opens to the right. Fun, right? The front panel was a piece of Whisper White when I started. I sponged Mango Melody, Pumpkin Pie and Cajun Craze on it to create my sunset. I was able to make the sun but die cutting a small circle from scratch paper and laying it on the cardstock as I was sponging. I added color to the sun lightly so that the circle remained. The cattails were die cut and layered over the top.


Why do I take so long to create with my stamps? I don't know the answer to that! I have a pile of sets that I need to use that have never seen ink yet. Think I can get through all of them before school starts? I don't think so but it will be fun trying!

Happy Stampin'!
photo signature 2_zps5xg3zfyo.png
Supplies:
Card 1:



Product List

No comments: