Monday, August 31, 2020

Friend Like You 2

Took me a while to take my Friend Like You stamp set off the shelf and play with it but once I did, I have really enjoyed creating with it. You can see some other cards that I made HERE.  I still have a bunch of ideas for this set but I had to put it away so that I could play with some other sets.

The picture of this card doesn't show all the colors. The card base is Pumpkin Pie, then Old Olive and Night of Navy. I stamped the Night of Navy with the waves and used the chalk marker to give the waves some white highlights. I sponged Night of Navy and Pumpkin Pie on the tag and stamped the palm trees and words with Night of Navy. I wish I would have sponged a bit of Old Olive around the base of the trees to give them some land to be on.


I grew up in the Horicon Marsh area of Wisconsin. I can remember going fishing with my parents as a kid and picking the pussy willows. I had to use the willows to create a card! I stamped the tall grass and then stamped the pussy willow tops. The Whisper White layer was stamped first and then ran it through the Brick & Mortar embossing folder.


These are very simple but so elegant at the same time! I stamped the grass/leaves with Old Olive. I used a post it note and masked off the grass and top of the card. I used my sponge with a bit of Old Olive ink on it and smoothed that across the cardstock. I added the flowers and words with Night of Navy and Pumpkin Pie inks. #simplestamping


Here is a close up of the Pumpkin Pie card.


And a close up of the Night of Navy card.


You can be sure that I will be pulling this set from my shelf again! I have quite a few to use first but I really want to get back to this set again soon!

Happy Stampin'!
photo signature 2_zps5xg3zfyo.png
Supplies:
Card 1:



Product List

No comments: