Wednesday, August 5, 2020

Sailing Home Sailboat

This Sailing Home stamp set has been a joy to work with. It has really been easy to come up with ideas on what to create. You can see the first set of cards that I made HERE.

These cards have the same background technique. You could call it a faux watercolor or markers and blocks. It really is simple. I used my acrylic blocks and my Stampin' Write markers. Using the markers, put the ink on the block. Mist is with some water and stamp. It's that easy! If you don't have the markers, you can use ink pads, just be careful not to drag ink in your other colors.

My background on this uses Night of Navy, Rich Razzleberry, Melon Mambo, Flirty Flamingo, and Mango Melody (from the bottom up). Once the paper was dry, I stamped the words, birds and boat. Layered it on Mango Melody. Adhered it to my stamped card base of Night of Navy. A few Rhinestones to finish it off.


I had seen another card on Pinterest with the pink background and I wanted to try that. My card base is Flirty Flamingo and it was embossed with Pinewood Planks embossing folder. I ran my Flirty Flamingo ink pad over the embossing to highlight it just a bit. My background colors are Night of Navy, Rich Razzleberry, Melon Mambo and Flirty Flamingo.


In my first two examples, I cut the background paper to the size of the stamped area. This last one, I didn't. I let the Whisper White show around the edges. I'm not sure which I like better. Good thing I did both! I used Night of Navy and Bermuda Bay for this background. Because I was only using the two colors for this background, I used my ink pads to ink up my acrylic block. You can see that you get a richer color when using the ink pads versus the markers.


Have fun with this technique. There is so much more you can do with this! I hope you give it a try!

Happy Stampin'!
photo signature 2_zps5xg3zfyo.png
Supplies:
Card 1:



Product List

No comments: