Monday, August 10, 2020

Free as a Bird

I love to sit in my backyard or even in my house with the windows open and listen to the birds sing. They are my alarm in the morning too. They are peaceful, joyful and happy creatures, for the most part. They remind me every day that God has us all in the palm of His hand.

I think that is why I love the bird sets that Stampin' Up! has had in the last couple of years. Free as a Bird is no different. 

This little birdie was colored with Blend markers. I even remembered to use my lifter to pull a little color off so that there is a whitish highlight on the belly! 


This is a pretty simple card. I stamped the flowers on Rich Razzleberry cardstock. Then I ran that cardstock through the Tasteful Texture embossing folder and adhered it to the So Saffron card base. I added a strip of Sahara Sand. The bird and the words were stamped with Rich Razzleberry ink. The leaves were stamped with Old Olive ink. I used my Water Painter to pull the color from the stamped image into the image. A bit of ribbon and a couple of rhinestones were added for some glitz and glam.


I shared this card on my Facebook live a couple of weeks ago. I shared how to create the mirror or reflection images. You can see that the birds are facing each other. When you stamp this image, the bird will be facing the right. To get the left facing bird I stamped the image on my silicone craft sheet. I then flipped the mat over, onto Whisper White cardstock. After I colored the birds with my Blends, I fussy cut them out, giving me birds that face each other. The flower and leaves were also fussy cut.


I hope the birds I have shared with you remind you how much you mean to our Savior. Matthew 6:26 says, "Look at the birds of the air, for they neither sow nor reap nor gather into barns; yet  your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not of more value than they?" 

Happy Stampin'!
photo signature 2_zps5xg3zfyo.png
Supplies:
Card 1:



Product List

No comments: