Monday, February 15, 2021

A Touch of Ink

A Touch of Ink has to be my favorite offering for Sale-a-bration. I love these images and sentiments. The hummingbird reminds me of my mom, which certainly plays a roll in my enjoyment of this set.

I started with Calypso Coral card base. I cut another piece of Calypso Coral. After stamping the greeting, I embossed it with Brick & Mortar. Then I die cut a scallop circle from the center of the cardstock. I cut a piece of Basic White to fit behind the opening. On the Basic White piece, I stamped the flower, leaves and speckles. I then adhered it to the back of the Calypso Coral layer. This was added to the card base with dimensionals. I stamped the hummingbird with Granny Apple Green. Then I inked up the more solid image with Granny Apple Green. I used a sponge dauber to remove some of the green from the bird's belly. I used another dauber to add some coral to it's belly and stamped it inside the outline image. I fussy cut it out and added it to the card with dimensionals.


The butterfly in this set is fantastic. It's a two-step stamp set which means you stamp two different images over each other to create a colored image. You can see that the two stamps don't match up perfectly. This was intentional with this stamp set. I used the Oh So Ombre paper for this card too. This paper is also a Sale-a-bration freebie that you could pick. The pearls that are on this card are colored with Highland Heather blends before I added them to the card.


I had to make a purple hummingbird. I did a Facebook Live on this card. You can watch that HERE and HERE. I had internet problems the night I made this video. You will need to watch both to see the whole project.


Don't miss out on Sale-a-bration. It's only here for 2 more weeks! This is one set that you NEED to have in your collection!

Happy Stampin'!
photo signature 2_zps5xg3zfyo.png
Supplies:
Card 1:



Product List

No comments: