Friday, February 12, 2021

Heartfelt

Valentine's Day in on Sunday so I'm going to share with you a few cards that could be Valentine's, anniversary, thinking of you or notecards for your family and friends. You could get a few made before Sunday too as they aren't too difficult!

I started with Seaside Spray card base and added a strip of Real Red that was embossed with Pinewood Plank embossing folder. I stamped the large scalloped heart twice, once with Seaside Spray and once with Real Red. I used the Heart Punch Pack to punch them out, the scalloped heart for the Seaside Spray and the solid line heart for the Real Red. I stamped the smaller scalloped hear with Seaside Spray and fussy cut it. Add the greeting and a few rhinestones for a completed card. 


This card wasn't hard but it took a bit of time. Each of the arrows were stamped and fussy cut. Not difficult but a bit time consuming. The Heart Punch Pack helped to create my focal point. I have to admit that I wish my greeting was a bit darker. I should have used black ink.


This card looks hard but it's really not too bad! If you prefer to watch a video you can see my Facebook Live that I did making this card HERE. I started with a piece of 8 1/2" by 11" cardstock. I trimmed this down to 8 1/2" by 8 1/2" and then score it at 2 1/8" and 4 1/4". Turn the cardstock a quarter turn and cut at 4 1/4" so you have two pieces. Fold on the score lines so that the folds make a Z. Using the scalloped heart punch, center this punch on the score line, making sure the cardstock is all the way in the punch. Punch out the heart. Repeat on the other piece of cardstock but make sure that it folds the opposite way. Adhere the two pieces together so that the doors on on both sides. Decorate any way you want! 


You can make this kind of card with any punch or die. It's easiest if the punch or die has a center point so you aren't guessing at where the center is.

Thanks for stopping by! I love sharing with you what I have been working on.

Happy Stampin'!
photo signature 2_zps5xg3zfyo.png
Supplies:
Card 1:



Product List

No comments: