Wednesday, February 10, 2021

Approaching Perfection

Another one of the free sets you could pick for Sale-a-bration is Approaching Perfection. I have 3 great cards with this set to share today. I have to admit to thinking this was just a sentiment set and that it would be difficult to make a focal point with this set. Boy, was I wrong! I had lots of fun creating with this one.

I started this with Bermuda Bay card base. I layered a piece of Oh So Ombre (another item you could get for free until the end of the month with Sale-a-bration). I stamped the candles several times with Granny Apple Green on the same cardstock and tied a piece of white bakers twine around the strip. To get the focal point, I stamped the news flash stamp with Bermuda Bay and punched it out with the 2" circle punch. I stamped it again with Granny Apple Green and fussy cut the news flash portion and added it with dimensionals. I added the balloons and colored them in with markers. After layering the circle on a Granny Apple Green 2 1/4" punched circle, I added it to the front of my card with dimensionals. A few rhinestones to finish it.


Poppy Parade is my card base with Pumpkin Pie and Basic White layered on top. I added strips of Pool Party, Poppy Parade and Granny Apple Green. The sentiment is stamped with Pumpkin Pie. This greeting is actually two lines long. I used my marker to color just the first line of the greeting on the rubber and then stamped so I only got the one line. I also used my markers to color the rubber for the candles. This is a great way to get lots of color! The scalloped rectangle was interesting to make. I didn't have the size that I wanted so I die cut a rectangle with Stitched So Sweetly dies and then I lined up my die with the scallop edges to cut about 5 scallops off and ran it through my Stampin' Cut & Emboss Machine again to make the rectangle smaller. I have Wink of Stella on the flames and a few pearls for bling on this cutie.


I love this sentiment! My dad has said something like this for years and years! It makes me smile. My card base is Pool Party. The smaller layer of Pool Party was stamped with Drybrush background stamp. The sentiment and the balloons are stamped with Bermuda Bay. I colored the balloons with Pool Party marker. The scalloped layer is from Stitched So Sweetly and was added to the card with dimensionals. The pearls in the right corner and the ribbon were colored with Bermuda Bay dark blend. I had to put some Wink of Stella on the balloons!


Take a second look at this set. I think there are even more things you can create with it. In fact, I have 3 more cards and a set of scrapbook pages that I made with this set!

Happy Stampin'!
photo signature 2_zps5xg3zfyo.png
Supplies:
Card 1:



Product List

No comments: