Monday, February 8, 2021

Timeless Tulips

I'm a tad early for real tulips in WI but I can always create with them! 

I wanted some very springy looking birthday cards so Timeless Tulips came out to play. On this first card I stamped the tulip buds first and then the put the stems on. This was easier for me to line everything up. The leaves are a separate stamp too. That means you can add as many or as few as you would like.


The Old World Paper embossing folder added the best texture for this card. I also stamped Birch background with Crushed Curry on the label piece. The flowers were punched or fussy cut.


A couple of simple techniques complete this card. First the two toned flowers. I inked them up with Crushed Curry and then sponged Calypso Coral on the bases of them. The ribbon and the pearls were colored with Calypso Coral blend markers.


We have about 20 inches of snow on the ground and wind chill numbers below negative degrees at the moment but I love bright colors and tulips. Besides, spring has to be right around the corner, right?

Happy Stampin'!
photo signature 2_zps5xg3zfyo.png
Supplies:
Card 1:



Product List

No comments: