Saturday, February 20, 2021

Approaching Perfection

I had fun playing with Approaching Perfection. I didn't know if I could make cards with just this set because there is quite a few sentiments in this set. It has a set of candles and a balloon with several sentiments. I decided to try anyway and see what I could do!

I used markers to color the markers and get all the colors there. The candles were stamped 3 times for this card. It does take a bit of time to put the markers on the stamp to get the colors but so worth the extra effort! I added Wink of Stella to the candle flames so they sparkle!


I again used the markers on the candles for this card too. I used my Bermuda Bay blend to color the ribbon. One thing I was taught a long time ago that I sometimes forget to do is to use the sentiment and create a background for the card. You can see how I stamped the "Happy Birthday" to create a background on this card. Super simple and fun!


I wanted to keep the same colors as the first card so Instead of coloring the stamp, I used strips of cardstock to create the background. You could add some texture to this card with and embossing folder. I chose to keep it simple and not add the texture but it would look good with texture too! I stamped the candles in the background of my sentiment circle. 


Time is running out on this set. It is one of the options for Sale-a-bration at the $50 level and Sale-a-bration is only through February 28!

Happy Stampin'!
photo signature 2_zps5xg3zfyo.png
Supplies:
Card 1:



Product List

No comments: