Wednesday, February 24, 2021

Color Blocking Paper Blooms

Have you seen the color blocking technique? Did you know it was called color blocking? I think I have cut my papers like this before but never knew that it had a name until recently. 


Let me explain how I created these four cards in one quick stamping session. I started with 4 card bases of Soft Seafoam. Card bases are cut 8 1/2" x 5 1/2" and folded at 4 1/4".


I then cut four pieces my designer series paper to 4" x 5 1/4". I did decide before hand which sides and papers I wanted to use to make my cards. I took those four pieces and cut them down. I started with placing the piece vertically in my trimmer and cutting at 2 3/4". I did a quarter of a turn with both pieces and cut at 3 3/4" to get the 4 pieces for the cards.


I then started to play with the placement of the 16 pieces to create the card fronts. I started with the larger pieces and laid them down. I then started placing the smaller pieces around the larger one so that I had all 4 designs shown on each card. I adhered these pieces to the card base, creating the background for these cards.


I stamped the "Happy Birthday" with Rococo Rose ink and punched it out with the 2" circle punch. I sponged Rococo Rose on the edges and layered it with a Night of Navy 2 1/4" circle that was punched. I colored a bit of ribbon with Rococo Rose blends, punched a flower from Night of Navy and adhered them. Added a pearl to the flower center and added this to the card with dimensionals.


I did a Facebook Live creating these cards. You can watch it HERE. It might help with the cutting. If you have any questions, please let me know! I try to help you as best as I can!

Happy Stampin'!
photo signature 2_zps5xg3zfyo.png
Supplies:

Product List

No comments: