Friday, April 16, 2021

Timeless Tulips

How are your tulips coming? Mine are up, out of the ground and growing fast. I look forward to their blooms real soon. I'm pretty sure the majority of my tulips are two toned pink. I think I created some pretty tulips here too!

I started with the panel on the left side of the card front. I masked off the strip and then used my blending brushes to add the Old Olive, Daffodil Delight, and Calypso Coral, making sure to blend the Daffodil into the Olive and Coral colors so they would blend even more. To get the tulips to be two-toned, I inked them up with Daffodil Delight and added Calypso Coral with a sponge dauber to the bottom portion of the buds.


There is no trick to create this card. It's a pretty straight forward design. I did die cut the oval first and stamped second. I started with the larger tulip and added the smaller buds, stems and leaves after. The Brick & Mortar makes a good background for these beauties to shine off.


The larger tulip was punched with the coordinating punch and I fussy cut the smaller bud. They are on the card with dimensionals to create some depth. It's really hard to see but the Daffodil Delight strip is embossed with Tasteful Textile.


I hope you see your tulips blooming soon. I know that I love when they open. It truly feels like spring then!

Happy Stampin'!
photo signature 2_zps5xg3zfyo.png
Supplies:
Card 1:



Product List

No comments: