Friday, April 2, 2021

Under My Umbrella

Under My Umbrella is on the retirement list. It is an adorable set with a coordinating punch. I can't say that I used it enough during it's tenure in the Stampin' Up! catalog and I'm a bit sad that it is leaving us. I did pull it out for another run at it. 

I started with Blackberry Bliss and Basic White cardstocks. I used the Blackberry Bliss for my card base. On the Basic White I used my water brush to add some Pool Party ink to the bottom right corner. While that was drying I stamped the umbrella, boots and flowers on Basic White. I colored them with Blackberry Bliss, Real Red, and Granny Apple Green Blends. To create the polka dots, I used the chalk marker. Be patient, it takes a bit to dry so you can see it. I fussy cut or punched out the pieces and added them to the card. Stamping the greeting and added a few glitter dots finished this card off.


The background stamp called Buffalo Check is also leaving us at the end of April. I have loved this stamp and am very sad that it will no longer be available. The boots and flowers were fussy cut after being colored. I like the added touch of the rain drops in the background of the main panel.


This last card was created during a mystery stamping night. Mystery stamping is where you are told ahead of time what supplies you will need. The night of mystery stamping you are given the steps one at a time to create the card. You don't know what it is going to look like until the end. Because of that, I had wished that I had picked a more solid image stamp set. This still looks OK but it's not my favorite. 


I don't always mind the April showers because of the May flowers. I also remember running through puddles as a kid. I will still go through them if I have my rain boots on. So much fun!

Happy Stampin'!
photo signature 2_zps5xg3zfyo.png
Supplies:
Card 1:



Product List

No comments: