Monday, October 14, 2019

Beautiful Blizzard

OK, this stamp set and dies are not available any longer. I never used them last fall. With my mom's death last summer, I didn't do much creating for a while. I just couldn't focus. I did purchase several sets from the Holiday mini 2018 but I didn't use them until now. I still wanted to share  what I created with them. You might still have this set and be looking for ideas! Besides, who doesn't need more ideas for Christmas cards!

I busted out some vellum for these cards. I love the looks of vellum but always struggle with how to adhere it to the project without the adhesive showing through. I stamped the Whisper White strip with snowflakes in Balmy Blue. I then adhered it to the Balmy Blue card stock and then ran it through my Softly Falling embossing folder (yep, retired). The vellum is stamped with Basic Gray and the snowflakes die cut and adhered and rhinestones added to the middles.


The smudge stamp is part of this set. I stamped that first and then snowflakes over the top of the smudge. In real life, you can see the snowflakes better than in this picture but it looks like, maybe, I should have off stamped the smudge first. The words are stamped with Basic Gray and the snowflake has a bit of Shimmer Paint on it and a rhinestone in the center.


I again used the smudge to create my background. This time I stamped the snowflakes with Basic Gray. I die cut the snowflakes from Basic Gray as well and added some Shimmer paint on them and rhinestones again. I stamped on the vellum with Basic Gray again too.


There are a couple of stamp sets available that you could recreate these cards with. They would not be exact but you could get close. You could also take away a sketch or the color combo. I hope I have inspired you to create!

Happy Stampin'!
 photo signature 2_zps5xg3zfyo.png
Supplies:
Card 1:


Product List
Card 2:


Product List

Card 3:


Product List

No comments: