Wednesday, October 16, 2019

Country Road

I love farmhouse style! I have added many things to my house that are farmhouse like, such as I have two sliding barn doors. One door is on my laundry room from my kitchen, the other is a set of doors in my bedroom to our closets and on suite. We don't use the second ones very often, they are more decorative but they do function.

This stamp set reminds me of that farmhouse style. I really struggled with how to use this set even though I really like this set. The flowers are from the stamp set Jar of Love. I think you could find something else to stamp those flowers with. I did sponge the bottom of the main image with Garden Green.


I sponged the word panel with Soft Suede. Can you see the grasses on the left of the card or the star under the words? Using a light color and stamping adds texture without having to use an embossing machine and folders.


Lots of sponging on this card! I love how this one turned out. Sheet Music has retired too but there are other background stamps that could take it's place. I'm not sure how well they will look but would work! I stamped the star, fussy cut it and then took an aqua painter to pull some color into the middle of the star. 


Don't forget about using sponging to add texture and color. It's easy to do and adds so much!

Happy Stampin'!
 photo signature 2_zps5xg3zfyo.png
Supplies:
Card 1:


Product List

Card 2:


Product List

Card 3:


Product List

No comments: