Monday, February 7, 2022

Celebrate Sunflowers

Well, it's Monday again. They keep coming around even though they are unwanted! Ha! I want to bring you a little bit of sunshine today so I am sharing my Celebrate Sunflowers cards that I made a couple of weeks ago. I know that sunflowers are typically a fall thing but when you need some sunshine, sunflowers seem to be the answer for me, at least it was when I was creating these!

This one starts with an Early Espresso card base and I added layers of Mossy Meadow and Crumb Cake. Both were embossed with folders. I stamped, colored and die cut the flowers and leaves. I then die cut the extra leaves and the wheat stalks. I then just played with an arrangement until I liked it, adhering with tape as I went. I put the bundle on the card front with dimensionals when I had it all together and was pleased with it.


This beauty is one of my all time favorite cards that I have made. I stamped the sunflower with Memento ink and colored the center with Daffodil Delight blends. I stamped the leaves and colored them with Mossy Meadow blends. The Basic Black is embossed with Ornate Floral embossing folder.

I'm not sure why I like this card so much. I think because the sunflower looks like a daisy and it is a stark comparison to the Basic Black background. Oh! And it sparkles!


This faux tiles technique is super easy! Start with a piece of cardstock. Score the cardstock at regular intervals. Turn the cardstock 90 degrees and score again. This one is scored every 1/2". Stamp image. See! Easy peasy! Lemon squeezy! In case you want to see how this technique is done, you can watch my Facebook Live video HERE.


These brought a bout of sunshine for me the day I made them and today, when I share them. They make me smile and ready for another Monday!

Shopping is fun! Click on the pictures below to shop in my online store.

Happy Stampin'!
photo signature 2_zps5xg3zfyo.png
Supplies:
Card 1:



Product List

No comments: