Friday, February 4, 2022

Great Tidings

Nativities might be a weakness for me. I may have over 35 different sets and this doesn't not include ornaments on my Christmas tree. When Stampin' Up! shares the June - December mini catalogs, I am always looking to see what religious Christmas stamp set they are including. This past year's set was calling Great Tidings. While this set didn't have the whole nativity, it did have the wisemen and I had great fun creating with it.

This may be my favorite card of this bunch, although I really like the way they all turned out. I started with Night of Navy for the card base. The next layer is Misty Moonlight. Boy, am I going to miss this color! It is schedule to retire in April. I will be stocking up a bit. I stamped the Stacked Stone on the Misty Moonlight. The wiseman was stamped with Memento ink and then colored with Misty Moonlight and Granny Apple Green blends. The circle is a die cut piece of vellum. 


I used the designer series paper called Peaceful Place for the night sky for this card. The base is Rich Razzleberry. No coloring involved on this one. The words were stamped with VersaMark ink and heat embossed with silver embossing powder.


I didn't color these wise guys either. I stamped them with Gorgeous Grape ink on Highland Heather cardstock. The star was die cut from silver foil paper. This card is quite simple. That simplicity reflects the greeting of Wisemen Still Seek Him and all done in my favorite color!



I love to make ornaments every year with my Stampin' Up! Christmas goodies. I only got one made this past year but I think it's stunning.

 I started with the metal top of a juice can. I die cut 2 circles of Rich Razzleberry cardstock to fit the insides of the lids. I adhered the one circle onto the lid on the side where there is a lip that goes around. I die cut a 12" strip of Blackberry Beauty designer series paper with one of the Basic Borders dies. I ran that paper across my bone folder to break up the fibers in the paper so that I could twist it into a circle. I adhered the border around the back side of the juice lid. I added a length of ribbon for the hanger. I then heat embossed the second circle with the greeting and adhered it over the border so that you can't see the gatherings and keep the ornament clean looking. I heat embossed the wisemen with gold embossing powder and adhered them to the front of the ornament.


You can see here how I hid the "mess" of the designer series paper being twisted into the circle. I also added Bethlehem to the back side to finish it off.


Yes, I'm behind in sharing which means that this set and dies are no longer available for you to purchase BUT you can still take the color combinations, or card layouts, or the ornament idea and use the supplies you do have to complete them. Maybe you bought this set and are looking for more ideas. I hope I have inspired you in one fashion or another.

While many of the supplies are retired, there are others you could purchase instead. To do that, you can click on the pictures below to go to my online store. 

Happy Stampin'!
photo signature 2_zps5xg3zfyo.png
Supplies:
Card 1:




Product List

No comments: