Friday, February 11, 2022

Festive Foliage

Did you notice this large background stamp in the July-December mini catalog? It was pretty easy to miss but WOW is it easy to use and make some fantastic cards! This background is called Festive Foliage.

I heat embossed the image onto Evening Evergreen with gold embossing powder. I wrapped that layer with Soft Succulent ribbon and added the greeting which was also heat embossed with gold embossing powder. Super simple! This would be really easy to mass produce.


Now, this card...I would NOT mass produce! This was a labor of love. I am very pleased with the way it turned out but I would not make more than the two that I made! Let me tell you why. I stamped Festive Foliage on a piece of Basic White with Memento ink. I then colored everything in with different blends. Here is the insane part! I colored around all the pieces with Pool Party! UGH! It took a LOOOOOONG time to complete. It turned out fantastic but...nope. Only the two that I already made.


I colored this one too but not all around it image. I stamped Festive Foliage onto vellum and heat embossed it with silver embossing powder. I colored the back side so the colors are muted. I layered it on Mint Macaroon. The scallop rectangles were die cut and the greeting from Amaryllis Abloom was stamped with Mint Macaroon  ink. The leaf is a die from Christmas Trimmings Dies.


While Christmas is long over or a very long ways away, it's always good to be working ahead. I will admit that I made these cards this fall (before Christmas), I still am working on Christmas year round. Pull out those sets and get ready!

The pictures below will take you to my online store by clicking on them.

Happy Stampin'!
photo signature 2_zps5xg3zfyo.png
Supplies:
Card 1:



Product List

No comments: