Monday, February 6, 2023

One Sheet Wonder

Have you ever tried a one sheet wonder? It's where you take one piece of designer series paper and cut it up to make cards with the cut paper. I did that with a piece of designer series paper from the hostess only pack called Design a Daydream. I made 10 cards with that one sheet of designer series paper and here they are.

When I do one sheet wonders, I find a cutting guide off Pinterest and cut the paper according to the guide. I then determine how many cards I am going to make. Most cutting guides will have this information that you can follow or tweak to your needs. I then find the cardstock that coordinates with the designer series paper that I just cut and get the card bases ready to go. I find a stamp set that I want to use and pull the coordinating ink colors from my shelf. Now I'm ready to create!


The top card has designer series paper cut at 4" x 5-1/4". I then cut that on an angle. You will need 2 pieces of designer series paper for this layout so that you can use both sides of the designer series paper. One piece would have the flowers up and the other the diamonds up when cutting the angle.


This one is also 4" x 5-1/4" that was cut at 1-1/4" or 1-1/2" and the smaller strip flipped to see the back side of the DSP.


I can't give you the measurements for this rectangle. I don't have the cards any longer to measure! I would guess the rectangle is about 3-1/4" x 4-1/2" but I am guessing!


I used the stamp set called Color and Contour. It is a fantastic set with this great two step flower, a tall flower with the second layer too and most of the fabulous greeting you are seeing on these cards. 


This set has a coordinating set of dies too. The dies are called Scallop Contour. The dies contains dies that will cut the two flowers out and some layering scalloped rectangles. It's a very versatile set of dies to have. I know I have used them quite a bit and not always with the stamped images. 


The flowers do have some Wink of Stella in the centers to give them some bling. They are also on dimensionals.


I think the hardest parts of making these cards was determining which paper was going with which color card base. Once I stopped overthinking that process, I determined which color flower I wanted on the card. Stamped it and then die cut it.


While all these cards use the same supplies, They are very different from each other. I kept my supplies simple in that I used the colors that coordinated with the designer series paper in both cardstocks and inks.


I know that I can get overwhelmed when I have too many choices so keeping the supplies limited helped me make these cards quickly.


One sheet wonders are a great way to create a bunch of cards quickly (at least, as long as you don't overthink things like I do). Find a cutting guide, pick a piece of designer series paper, pull coordinating cardstocks and inks, pick one or two stamp sets and start creating!

I have the supplies listed below for these cards. If you would like any of these supplies or others, please go to my online store by clicking on the pictures below.

Happy Stampin'!
photo signature 2_zps5xg3zfyo.png
Supplies:

Product List

No comments: