Tuesday, February 28, 2023

Scenic Garden

Only one day left of sale-a-bration for this year. You don't want to miss out on the freebies. This stamp set, Scenic Garden, is one you get for a $300 workshop. You can place that size order by yourself or you can collect a few orders with your friends to get this beauty.

Last week I showed you 3 cards with this set that I colored in. These are not colored in. Sometimes these detail stamps can be overwhelming when considering how long it can take to color them. The tier of flowers is heat embossed with white embossing powder for this first card. 


I stamped the image with Pacific Point ink and then sponged Balmy Blue ink on the edges and in the middle with a blending brush. Super simple and yet very striking.


This technique is called split negative. Cut a piece of Basic Black and Basic White cardstock to the same size. Use a Stamparatus to stamp images. Ink up the image with VersaMark ink. Stamp image on the Basic Black cardstock. Sprinkle the image with white embossing powder and heat set. Ink up image with Memento or Stazon ink. Stamp onto the Basic White cardstock. Cut the two pieces of cardstock in half. I cut on the diagonal for my cards. You could cut the other diagonal, horizontal or vertical. Piece together one piece of white and one piece of black to make the image whole. HERE is my Facebook Live video making these two cards. 


I have individual pictures of the two cards as well where you can see the details closer.


You could heat emboss the Basic White cardstock with black embossing powder too. I didn't want the extra step so I skipped it and it looks good. The idea behind split negative is to have the contrast of the light and dark and still mix them together.


I added the Parakeet Party for a pop of color. What color would you have added?

The supplies are listed below and they will take you to my online store if you click on them.

Happy Stampin'!
photo signature 2_zps5xg3zfyo.png
Supplies:
Card 1:



Product List

No comments: