Friday, February 3, 2023

Ringed with Nature

Ringed with Nature made its debut in the fall mini catalog. It is a great bundle with stamps, dies, and an embossing folder. The stamp set includes a tree ring stamp, mushrooms (that look like gum drops to me), acorn and cap, flowers, greenery, house, roof, and greetings. It is geared towards the fall and Christmas seasons but it really can be used for more. You won't see those cards on this post. I kept this post all about Christmas!

I embossed the Crumb Cake card base with the Tree Ring embossing folder. I stamped the poinsettia aand leaves creating my own designer series paper. I tied the ribbon around the layers. I love this look! The greeting was stamped and then cut apart so that it was in two pieces.


Mossy Meadow is the card base on this one. I embossed Crumb Cake again but this time I used a blending brush to add some Crumb Cake ink to the raised edges of the embossing.  Adding the ink really helps the rings be more defined. The berry branch was kind of a pain in the butt to create. I die cut the branch from Mossy Meadow and the berries from Cherry Cobbler. I glued each berry to the Mossy Meadow branch. Seven little berries take a while to glue down! 


This is a super fun and easy technique. I covered a piece of Basic White cardstock with tin foil. You can use the regular foil or heavy duty. Adhere the foil to the back of the cardstock. Emboss the layers together. There is the WOW look of the shiny, embossed background. You may want to watch the Facebook Live video that I used this technique to make another card but show this background already made.  You can see that HERE.


This stamp set and embossing folder / dies are carry overs from the fall mini and are still available. You can find them in my online store by clicking on the pictures below.

Happy Stampin!
photo signature 2_zps5xg3zfyo.png
Supplies:
Card 1:



Product List

1 comment:

Linda L said...

I never knew about embossing with Aluminum Foil until I watched your video. This is beautiful & something I will try now. Thank you for sharing.