Tuesday, February 14, 2023

Paradise Palms

I don't have any Valentine cards to share with you. I don't send any out so I don't make any. So I thought I would share with you something that I love on this day that celebrates love, the beach and summer!

 I pulled out Paradise Palms for these cards with a warm, summer like palette. How about Melon Mambo, Pumpkin Pie and Old Olive for that summer feel.


These two cards used the same technique to create the background. You may be able to see the similarities and yet they are pretty different, even though they used the same colors. I called this technique watercolor drops. I cut the watercolor paper smaller for this first card and embossed the Early Espresso card base with the ferns embossing folder.


To do the watercolor drops, cut your watercolor paper to desired size. Put some ink from re-inkers on a hard surface. I like to use one of my acrylic blocks or a palette from the Dollar Tree. Pick up some of the ink with a water brush. Squeeze the water out of the barrel and onto the watercolor paper. Repeat with other colors until the paper has the desired look. 


HERE is the Facebook Live video where I made this card above. This is an easy technique but I have a hard time waiting for everything to dry! UGH! The struggle is real!

Please take a moment to click on the pictures below to go shopping in my online store. Sale-a-bration is coming to an end soon. Don't miss out on all those free goodies!

Happy Stampin'!
photo signature 2_zps5xg3zfyo.png
Supplies:
Card 1:



Product List

No comments: