Monday, February 13, 2023

Bottled Happiness

This is a fun stamp set that is in the main catalog. It is a bundle with the coordinating punch. It's called Bottled Happiness. I will have to pull this one form the shelf again soon, it was so much fun to play with.

I started with a Starry Sky cardstock for the card base. I stamped the bottle with Starry Sky and Daffodil Delight inks. I have to admit that I would stamp with one color, clean my stamp, and stamp with the other color, clean, stamp with the first color. This is the only way I knew to create the background on this card. I layered some vellum over the main image to soften the look. 


Basic Gray is the card base with a layer of Smoky Slate that was embossed with Brick & Mortar embossing folder. The strip of designer series paper is the retired Black and White Designs. Perfectly Penciled is a great alternative for this card. The leaf was stamped with Old Olive ink and the bottle was punched and then  adhered with dimensionals.


I chose not to use the bottle for this card because the flowers are so pretty. This is a two step stamp that allows you to get the colors without a ton of extra work. I did use a technique called thumping on this card too. Start with the lightest color you are working with, in this case, that was Tahitian Tide. I pounced the brush tip of the Stampin' Write marker all over the flower image. I then came back with the Orchid Oasis marker and repeated, filling up the image. Huff on the stamp before you stamp. The moisture from your breath with re-activate the ink so that you get some good color.


HERE is the Facebook Live video I made when I created this card. You may want to watch it so that you can try this fun and easy technique.

All the supplies for these cards are listed below. Please click on the pictures to go shopping in my online store.

Happy Stampin'!
photo signature 2_zps5xg3zfyo.png
Supplies:
Card 1:



Product List

No comments: