Wednesday, June 7, 2023

Forever Fern

Forever Fern is a beautifully stamp set. This set has a number of leaves and greenery images that are realistic looking. I have enjoyed this set since it hit the Stampin' Up! catalog a couple of years ago. I will admit that I was very sad to find out it was on the retiring list this past spring. I wasn't done creating with it. I feel like there are so many things you can create with this set and the coordinating dies. 

Let me share with you a few more that I did make before I knew this set was on the retiring list. Smoky Slate, Basic Gray, and Fresh Freesia is a fantastic color combination. I used all three colors to create the main panel.


I stamped Dry Brush background stamp on Basic White with Smoky Slate. The leaves are stamped with Night of Navy and Granny Apple Green and then die cut and added to the back of the greeting panel.


I love the way this last card turned out. It really is spectacular and I really need to use this technique again. The technique is called batik. I have a Facebook Live video where I make this card HERE if you would like to watch how I did this.

Otherwise, here are the step by step directions. Stamp images onto Basic White cardstock with VersaMark ink. Sprinkle with clear embossing powder and heat set. Spritz the cardstock with a little bit of water. Crumble up the paper into a tight ball. Gently pull apart again, smoothing it a little but not too much. You still want the ridges in the paper. Sponge on the colors you choose to use. Start with the lightest color and work to the darkest color. Use a tissue to wipe the embossed images clean from ink. Use as desired. 

On the video I put the color on first and then crinkled up the paper. Crinkle the paper first. You want the color darker on those peaks.


Keep stamping! I hope you are finding time to stamp. I have not been actively stamping right now. I'm sharing cards that I made this winter. I have been overwhelmed with many things that I have put off and that have dropped into my lap that has to be done. Hoping that I can squeeze a few minutes, hours, days, weeks to get creating!

If you are look for those supplies to keep stamping, click on the pictures below to go to my online store and get all you need and more!

Happy Stampin'!
photo signature 2_zps5xg3zfyo.png
Supplies:
Card 1:



Product List

No comments: