Monday, June 26, 2023

Seaside Bay

Ah...the beach really is my happy place. I love the mountains and the plains and the valleys and all of God's creation but the beach...ahhh.

Seaside Bay made its debut in the spring mini catalog with this fantastic coordinating designer series paper. I stamped the clam with Night of Navy ink and then colored it with Balmy Blue and Petal Pink blends so it felt more realistic. I added some Wink of Stella to the pearl too.


Wanna good laugh? I made these two cards thinking I could just flip the papers and have opposite cards. Ha! Designer series paper doesn't just flip after you have cut it. It still needs to be in the same general direction. Oh well. These cards still turned out great and were fun to make. 


This technique is called the diagonal split. I marked 1/2" and 3/4" down on the top of the right side of the designer series paper and 3" down on the left side and 3" down on the left side. I made these marks with a pencil. Then line up the 1/2" and the 3" mark on the left side in the cutting tray and cut. Line up the other two marks and cut. You now have 3 pieces to make these two cards. 


HERE is the Facebook Live video I made where I created these two cards. Really not hard and fun too!


Sahara Sand is the color on this card. While this color has retired, Crumb Cake would make a good substitution although, any color would be fun.

Check out the Seaside Bay stamps and die online by clicking on the pictures to go to my online store.

Happy Stampin'!
photo signature 2_zps5xg3zfyo.png
Supplies:
Card 1:



Product List

No comments: