Wednesday, June 21, 2023

Butterfly Brilliance

Butterflies are so stunning and delicate. I appreciate the craftsmanship that God has put into these marvelous creatures. With that admiration for these insects, I really enjoyed having Butterfly Brilliance at my finger tips. These images have many of the same details that God put into the creatures, making them absolutely stunning. Keep reading to see the surprise this card has to offer!


The inside of this card has the wow factor to it. I stamped and die cut five of the butterflies from Butterfly Brilliance. I then colored the butterflies with blend markers of So Saffron, Flirty Flamingo and Cherry Cobbler. I then folded the butterflies in half and glued just the tips of their wings together to create the pop up for the inside of this card. I then folded them all together and added a glue dot to the two outside, top wings. I set the one side down on the inside of the card with the butterflies all stacked on top of it. I then closed the card so the other wing would adhere to the other side of the card. 

HERE is the Facebook Live video that I made where I created this card. It might help to see how I did this and not just read about it. 


This card is a little more simple than the first. I stamped the butterflies with Merry Merlot ink so that only a few of them would be on the Basic White layer of cardstock. I took the dark Flirty Flamingo blend and traced around the images to add a little highlight to them. The ribbon was colored with the dark Flirty Flamingo blend too. The greeting was heat embossing with white embossing powder. 


This last card uses a technique called partial die cutting. That means that you only use a portion of the die to cut the images out. HERE is a video where I made a different card using this technique. I stamped the butterflies first. I then laid the die on the image so that it all lined up. I place the top cutting plate over the portion of the images that I wanted to cut out. I did have to fussy cut between the cuts to remove those pieces. 


Aren't the details just wonderful in these images? I can't get over how Stampin' Up! can get these wonderful details in a stamp. Every year they come up with fantastic images. Make sure you check them all out by clicking on the images below to go to my online store.

Happy Stampin'!
photo signature 2_zps5xg3zfyo.png
Supplies:
Card 1:



Product List

No comments: