Friday, February 9, 2024

Sparkling Snowflakes

I'm going to say something that may sound like it is contradictory but it is very true. I love the snow. I hate the cold. Now, I live in SE Wisconsin, along Lake Michigan. When it snows, the temperature is usually around 30 degrees. The snow puts a blanket on the ground that keeps everything warm and quiet. I love that serene feel. That bitter cold...can just go away and never come back! Yuck! 

The intricacy of snowflakes is fascinating to me. All the details that God puts into one snowflake is just amazing. Image how much more he cares for each of us if a snowflake has that much detail. 

I used a technique here that is called wet stamping. I spritzed the paper with quite a bit of water and then stamped the image. Allow the paper to dry and then stamp the image again. It gives this halo affect to the card. I stamped the first layer with Berry Burst and the second with Blackberry Bliss.


If you want to see me create a card using the wet stamping technique, you can watch THIS Facebook Live video.

This stamp set had a coordinating punch with it. I used the punch to create the tag with the greeting on it. The background is the snowflakes stamped on Berry Burst with Blackberry Bliss ink.


I really like Berry Burst and Bubble Bath together. Since I was using some other pinks, I decided to play with this color combination too. The Basic White layer was embossed with Snowflake Sky embossing folder after the stamping was done. I used the punch on both ends of this greeting.


This stamp set, punch, and embossing folder were part of the fall mini catalog but these are all still available. They may become part of the main catalog when that comes out in May or they may stay online only but they can be purchased still. You can find them by clicking on the pictures below. You will then be taken to my online store. 

Happy Stampin'!
photo signature 2_zps5xg3zfyo.png
Supplies:
Card 1:


Product List

No comments: