Friday, January 10, 2020

Explosion Book Picture Tutorial

Hi all! I'm so glad you came back for my tutorial on how to create this amazing book! This is the front cover and the book is tied shut. My bees and hive are gold embossed. When this book is closed it measures 6x6.


 I used 12x12 paper to create it so when it is open is about 24" wide and 12" tall.


I used the papers from Golden Honey to cover the squares and triangles of this beauty!


This is the back cover of the book.


I used Honey Bee and Golden Honey Designer Series Paper to create my book. 

Here's what you need:
Simply Scoring Tool or Paper Trimmer with scoring blade
3--12x12 sheets of card stock
Strong adhesive such as Tear & Tape or Liquid Multi
Pattern Paper, stamps, inks, ect to decorate
 30" Ribbon


Score each of the 12x12 card stock sheets at 6" in both directions and once diagonally. 
It should look like this:


Fold each of the score lines to create the four equal squares. The diagonal fold will go inward like this:

All three pieces will get folded like this:


Take two of the sheets of card stock and lay them the same way next to each other.

Take the last piece and place it upside down on the other two pieces so the squares without the diagonal fold are on top of each other. The diagonal folds on the bottom two pieces will fold in to the book. 

All three pieces should be in a row now.

Fold the pieces into each other to create your book.

Now the fun begins! You get to decorate your book anyway you want. I cut my DSP just a little smaller than the spaces so you could still see the background and have a nice frame around each piece.

There are 8 square pieces. I cut them at 5-3/4" each. Two of these are the covers of your book. The diagonals were cut at 5-1/2" and then cut on the diagonal to fit in the spaces. You need 12 of the 5-1/2"  squares cut in half to complete your book.

To finish the book, I put a 30" piece of ribbon around the back of the book so that it ties shut. I taped the ribbon down before I put the pattern paper on the back. This way you don't see the mechanics of the ribbon.


The 12x12 gives a finished size of 6 inches. You could do this with any size squares to get different size books. If you used 6x6, your book would be 3 inches. 8x8 gives you a 4 inch book. You get the idea. I really like the idea of 6 inch finish size. It gives lots of room for pictures, quotes, art projects, whatever you want to put in the book. Possibilities are endless!

I hope you share what you create! These books are fun and fairly easy to create but have a WOW!! factor to them that everyone loves! They make GREAT gifts. I showed a couple of moms this book and they were hoping their kids were in my club so their child would be creating this book.

Happy Stampin'!
 photo signature 2_zps5xg3zfyo.png
Supplies:


Product List

No comments: