Wednesday, January 22, 2020

Heartland

Both of my parents grew up on farms. I remember visiting and helping my uncles' farms. One of the John Deere plants was not far from where I grew up. My children all work on a farm. My husband grew up on a farm. We live in Case/New Holland country now. We have a bit of farming in our blood. Heartland is a great set for all that farming. I love that Stampin' Up! named this set Heartland. Farming really is the heart of our country (although I think that may be changing).

I had to make a John Deere looking tractor with this set. This will be my father-in-law's birthday card this year. I think he'll really like it.


 I used the barn scene on this one. I colored the barn scene with Blends markers. I think I am going to go back and color the roof of the barn with Soft Suede marker. I think it will feel more finished if I do.


I taped down the three background colors to the Whisper White card stock and then ran it all through the Hammered Metal embossing folder. I water colored this little guy walking with his buddies. Isn't he just too cute?


 You can see what I else I have made with Heartland HERE. This set makes some great masculine cards, which I know I struggle with sometimes. Why are guy cards so much harder?

Happy Stampin'!
Shelley

Supplies:
Card 1:


Product List

Card 2:


Product List
Card 3:


Product List

No comments: