Friday, January 10, 2020

Inky Friends: Sale-a-bration Blog Hop: Golden Honey



Welcome to another Inky Friends blog hop! We are focusing on Sale-a-bration items this month. This is the most fabulous time of the Stampin' Up! year in my opinion. Who doesn't love getting goodies for free?!?

You may have found me by going in order of our hop. If that is the case, you just came from Elizabeth's blog where she showed you Sending You Thoughts. Or maybe you are a bit of a rebel and like to hop backwards. In that case, you found me from Kennedy's blog where she showcased The Gangs All Meer. Aren't those guys so cute? 

Any way you got here, I'm so glad you are here! Thanks for joining me!

I have chosen to highlight the Designer Series Paper, Golden Honey. I created several projects for this hop but ultimately decided to only share one today. You can return over the next couple of weeks and I will show you what else I have made.

This is called an explosion book. I teach middle school students a craft project on Friday afternoons as our school schedule allows. This is the project the students will be making over the next couple of Fridays. This is the front cover of the book. It is tied shut. I heat embossed the bees and hive and then die cut them. I used a black marker to color the black stripes on the bees.


This is the inside of the book when it's open and flat.


Here is the outside of the book. I used 12x12 paper to create this book but you can use any size square to make this book. 


The back of the book. 



I have a tutorial for this book for my students. It will be posted here too! I am also hoping the kids will let me take a few pictures of what they created and share them with you too. But it will be a bit before they are done as we only get 30 minutes a week!

Edited to add: You can see the tutorial for this book HERE. Have fun! I would love to see what you create so please share!

Thanks for stopping by!
Happy Stampin'!
Shelley
   

           


Supplies:


Product List

No comments: