Monday, March 21, 2022

Forever Fern

The Forever Fern stamp set is a Distinktive stamp set. This means that the way the rubber was etched, the image looks more realistic with more depth and dimension in a single stamp. You can see that on these images. I didn't do anything special to these images. I inked up the rubber and stamped them.

The card base here is Evening Evergreen with Soft Succulent accents and just a touch of Blackberry Bliss. I did use the coordinating dies for the Soft Succulent and Blackberry Bliss "ferns". The background is embossed with Timeworn embossing folder.


Isn't it amazing how a little torn cardstock can change the look of a card? Image, if you will, the Evening Evergreen being straight across. I'm not even sure it would look right. Tearing cardstock is so basic and yet very easily overlooked. I did create a different card on a Facebook live HERE where I did tearing of cardstock. I wish I would have added a scallop oval of Blackberry Bliss behind the greeting. 


I used a technique called shadow stamping to create this card. Start by stamping the image with a dark color ink. Stamp the image again with VersaMark ink, sprinkle with white embossing powder and heat set. I then used a blending brush to add more ink to the area. It looks like shadows! HERE is the Facebook Live I did making this card. 


There is so much more that can be done with this set. Just changing the colors makes the card have a whole different feel! Here's hoping that life doesn't get in the way of stamping and creating so this fantastic set can find it's way back to my table!

To purchase the supplies used to make these cards, please click on the pictures below to go to my online store.

Happy Stampin'!
photo signature 2_zps5xg3zfyo.png
Supplies:
Card 1:



Product List

No comments: